We drink 500 billion cups of coffee every year, all over the world. Most of the time it is the part of our breakfast, but we are happy to sip it during the day too. We gathered the facts that you may not know you drank your last cup of coffee.
1. The coffee was discovered by a goat herder in the 9th century. He recognized that his animals’ behavior changed after they gathered the fruits of a coffee tree. Then he tried it himself.
2. Only few people know that the coffee is a tree or a bush and its fruits look like red berry. The coffee bean - what most of the people know – is the seed of this fruit. They coffee berry is also an edible fruit; it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.
3. Worldwide, more than 50 kinds of coffee are available, but the most popular and the best selling is the Arabica.
4. The coffee was banned three times during the history. For example, Charles II of England tried to ban coffee houses because he thought that only conspiracies are born over the cups.
5. Coffee is the second best selling product in the world. Only the oil precedes it.
6. Most of the coffee is consumed in the US, France and Germany.
7. The word coffee means “wine of the bean”.
8. The first Hungarian coffee house was opened in 1714.
9. The light colored coffee beans contain more caffeine than the dark ones.
10. The ground coffee is a great ant repellent.
we are showin here 10 easy do it yourself gift ideas that you can easily make by yourself and surprise someone from your family or friends.
Christmas is almost here but you still have time to make one of these! Let's get started!
Good Luck! And Merry Christmas!
This sweet dog is surely one of the best drivers we’ve ever seen.
1. Of all the human sensory organs the nose is the fastest to tire: after only one minute it needs time to rest.
Did you ever wondered how tornadoes form and from where do they coming from? This is a great educational video for you to learn and get to know more about tornadoes.
Interesting video for kids to learn more about this unique natural phenomenon.
Each year in Alaska’s McNeil River State Game Sanctuary between June and August many brown bears appear to fish for salmon. People find this fascinating so some are granted access to the park to observe the wild animals.
This little chap in the video is called Baby and he’s a pet rat visibly living his best life! As you can see he just got offered a huge pile of cooked spaghetti and he seems quite content, just chilling in his owner’s lap, stuffing his little face with pasta.